Originally conceived as a friendly race for cruising yachts to make the Atlantic crossing safer and more enjoyable, the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has now grown into the largest Transocean sailing event in the world. Every year hundreds of yachts and thousands of crew members travel to Gran Canaria to prepare to cross the Atlantic Ocean on the trade wind trip to St. Lucia.
We have individual berths available on a number of different yachts, including Swan 51, Beneteau 57, Beneteau First 40.7 and 47.7, Challenge 72s, both in the racing class as well as the cruising class. We expect this 2700 mile ocean crossing to normally take between 14 and 18 days depending on the weather conditions and the yacht you choose. All packages will also include a few days before the race to help prepare the yacht, get to know your crew and take part in all the pre-ARC parties and seminars, as well as a couple of days after the finish to relax and enjoy the post race festivities.
Being part of the ARC is a very special experience and the atmosphere that thousands of crew from many different countries generate is impossible to describe.
Berths on this trip are available to sailors of all levels. However, due to the nature of the event we do advise to do at least an overnight trip if possible and to have enough sailing experience to understand what a 14 to 18 day non-stop trip will involve.
A typical ARC package includes:
- Accommodation on board the boat during the event and all meals and non-alcoholic refreshments while at sea
- Use of wet weather gear and all safety equipment on board
- All race entry fees, mooring fees and fuel
- Professional skipper and on some of the yachts a mate
Not included will be:
- Meals and drinks on shore
- The cost of flights, transfers and personal insurance which you can either organise yourself or we can help you with this
Want to make your dream come true of sailing across the Atlantic Ocean?
Give us a call or drop us a line via our Enquiry Form!